How to choose the best Dental Turbine
Choosing the right dental turbine can be a daunting task, but there are a few things to keep in mind that can help simplify the process. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a dental turbine:
- Speed: Dental turbines typically come in high-speed and low-speed models. High-speed turbines have a maximum speed of around 400,000 RPM, while low-speed turbines have a maximum speed of around 40,000 RPM. Consider what types of procedures you will be performing and choose a turbine with the appropriate speed range.
- Power: The power of a dental turbine is measured in watts. A more powerful turbine can make it easier to perform certain procedures, such as removing hard tissue. Consider your specific needs and choose a turbine with the appropriate power output.
- Ergonomics: The shape and design of the dental turbine can have a significant impact on your comfort and control during procedures. Look for a turbine with an ergonomic design that feels comfortable in your hand and allows for precise control.
- Noise level: Dental turbines can be quite noisy, which can be a concern for both the dentist and the patient. Look for a turbine with a low noise level to minimize discomfort and distractions during procedures.
- Durability: Dental turbines are an expensive investment, so it’s important to choose one that is durable and built to last. Look for a turbine with high-quality construction and a reputation for reliability.
- Compatibility: Make sure the dental turbine you choose is compatible with your existing equipment, such as your handpiece, air supply, and control unit.
- Cost: Finally, consider the cost of the dental turbine and how it fits into your budget. Keep in mind that a higher-priced turbine may offer better performance and durability, but may not be necessary for all applications.